Friday, February 6, 2009

3.1.0... already!

When Woppa told me 3.1.0 Notes were out, some of the changes on classes listed. The first thing I wondered was "How is blizzard going to screw over mages." After 3.0.8a, I'm not impressed. A mere week after 3.0.8, Blizzard hotfixes mages reducing Arcane's "full-burn" damage by up to 800 dps.
After finding out that mage notes aren't available until later today / tomorrow, I can't help but worry what this will mean for mages. After warlocks get a talent similiar to Scorch that "applies a buff that increases critical strike chance by 5%" (which is presumed to actually be a debuff, not a buff) which means that Scorch / Winter's Chill (Each adds a total of 10% crit chance on a full stack) might possibly recieve a major nerf possibly reducing total crit chance on each of them down to 5% maximum.
I ought not to do too many predictions of doom, but with the recent nerfs to mages, I can only hope that blizzard has met their nerf quota for mages.

But on a positive note, that with the slight buffs to elemental shamans / warlocks, there may be more ele shaman's out there to give us their buffs and warlocks to give us casters more crit, which will greatly benefit high-caster groups.

Well, I'm not gonna QQ too much just yet, I think It's time to wait and see what blizzard dishes out to the mages.
Stay Tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment